Sunday, June 8, 2008

Library Issues






I am spared the ‘walk’ today as my driver leaves me at the central Library. As per vacation norms, there are 50 minutes between me and the library. So I wait at the park.

I sit under a dead tree; brown from top to bottom. Next I open my dirty green notebook and start writing this piece. I managed to write just one line and then I gave up; there were just way too many miscreants in this park:

  • Filthy tissue papers
  • Oily food wraps
  • A crow crowing his/her throat out above my head on the dead brown tree.


But what really got on me was the final item on the list: a well-licked piece of cow-bone. Eeewww. Yuck. I hate that scene. Hence I march toward the library, coming in 15 seconds ahead of the Chief Librarian. Fifteen seconds is not a very long period of time, so as I place my bag in the shelf, I see the Chief Librarian in the library and having a heated debate with the Chief Massi (Maid) of the Library.



Just a few glimpses of the conversation as a teaser:

Chief

Massi

of the Library

Excuse me Ma’am.

Chief

Librarian

of the Library

Hmm, speak up.

Chief

Massi

of the Library

I need a leave; one of my relatives has just passed away.

Chief

Librarian

of the Library

Looks like that not a very close relative has passed away.

Chief

Massi

of the Library

No Ma’am, he was a very close relative of ours; he was the brother of my father-in-law.

Chief

Librarian

of the Library

That is not a very close relative. And by the way, Why don’t you settle in Hyderabad.

As I saw the discussion heating up, I moved away from the battle ground and settled at my table.










blog comments powered by Disqus

Post a Comment

Have your say.